Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Adventures Await!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. Explanation: at the end of July we moved a son and daughter to opposite ends of the country to begin new jobs and careers. They are doing well and learning much about their new cultures and the people who live there. We’re happy for them and pray for them daily.

Then in August we said good-bye to our youngest who headed off to college. That leaves us empty nesters. It is a funny feeling to not have to pay attention to the radio to check for fog delays or think of school supplies or back to school nights or homework or a myriad of other school-related activities.

Instead, my husband and I are getting to know each other again. We have time to take care of the lawn when it needs it, go to the library for ourselves and join mid-week Bible Studies. It is quiet around here and a lot less dishes and laundry.

We’ve heard from all three kids regularly and they are seemingly happy. It will probably be several months before they all feel comfortable where they are, especially since none of them knew anyone in their new cities.

But we’re proud of them for venturing out and being excited and courageous enough to want to see a new part of the world. That is better than staying in your hometown all of your life. We chose to come back to our hometown after living in a busy metropolitan area because of the quality of life for our kids. Schools were saner here and there was family.

But now they have no attachments and are able to make their own decisions without considering anyone else. They are free and unencumbered. Who knows how long that will last? They should enjoy it while they can.

Each day I try to send them a verse from the Bible as encouragement. Today’s from www.biblegateway.com is very appropriate:

“I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.”- Psalm 121:1-2

I hope they will always look to God for their hope and help. There is none other that is worth relying on.

What do you put your faith in? I hope it is the same Source.

Have you been adventurous lately? If so, let me know. I’d like to hear about it.

Take care,

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home