Sunday, July 30, 2006

Travel Writing is a Vacation

I’ve been on vacation for the past week, and being a travel writer, it was a working vacation since I was researching travel stories for the newspaper I write for, the Fort Wayne New-Sentinel (www.news-sentinel.com).

My husband, son, and I went to Hocking County of Ohio, southeast of Columbus. The area is called Hocking Hills because – guess what? -- it is hilly!

It was a great week for weather, fun, and finding unusual places and people. There are 8 state parks in Hocking County so we saw a lot of greenery which is always something we look for on any vacation. It is soothing to be around trees and no crowds. We recommend this area as a travel spot for a soothing vacation. Keep an eye out at www.News-sentinel.com for my story about Hocking Hills.

For more about my interest in travel writing, essays and profiles, go to my website at www.KayleenR.com. I’ll be updating the site with pics from our trip in the next few weeks.

** Note for Writers: An article I wrote about how to get started in travel writing is posted at http://www.freelancewriting.com/content/detail-writing_world_newsletter_(may_2006)-2008-157.html.

Moira Allen is the editor of Writing-world.com, an ezine for writers. This is an excellent site for writers. It’s a part of my regular perusing of the Web.

I love travel writing and have written articles about places in Alaska, Florida, Montana, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. My dream is to someday pursue travel writing full-time, including overseas -- hopefully before retirement!

As a travel writer, I’m always interested in hearing about great spots to visit and write about. If you’ve gone to a great place that you’d recommend, write and tell me about it. It just might be profiled in an upcoming News-Sentinel Travel story, especially if it is in the Midwest.

Happy travels!

Kayleen Reusser
Kjreusser@adamswells.com
www.KayleenR.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home