Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Day of Qiviut, Debbie Macomber, and Hawk Nelson

Some days are unbelievably good.

Yesterday was one of those. First, I got an email from the romance novelist Debbie Macomber (www.debbiemacomber.com)! I had emailed her about qiviut, the wool from musk ox that is 8x warmer than sheep’s wool. She writes about knitting all the time and I thought she’d like to know about it. I sent it on her website’s comment box and didn’t even expect an answer. At the most, a form letter.

But it came directly from her and I wrote back and then she wrote again, saying she had ordered some of the qiviut from the Musk Ox Farm in AK (www.muskoxfarm.org). She also complimented me on my website and personal ambition. Wow. She’s the one that has written 60+ books when I haven't written any. But I appreciated her opinion. I was amazed.

Then I interviewed a member of the Christian rock band Hawk Nelson (www.hawknelson.com) for a Winter Wonder Slam tour assignment and my daughter who plays their music all the time was here, so I asked if he could say hello to her.

I normally wouldn't do this but he was 1.5 hours late in calling me and had apologized so I took advantage of him and asked him to do this. She was THRILLED! They talked for a minute or so. He was very sweet. She wanted me to ask if he was married, but I didn’t.

I also heard from three editors who heard from readers who liked my stories. That was great affirmation.

I also heard from 2 editors who want to use my stories.

I was feeling so good by the time I arrived at my Toastmasters meeting last night that I volunteered to give a speech – no notes, or aids of any kind with me!

The assigned speakers didn’t show up, so since I had been preparing for my 45 minute speech to be given this Saturday in Indianapolis for the National Missionary Convention (http://www.nmc-windows.org/nmc/home_), I figured I’d just give them an abbreviated version, which I did.

The group is so supportive and they said I’m much better than I used to be. I highly recomment Toastmasters as an organization that strives to help people improve with public speaking skills. Everyone in my group is very kind and all working towards helping each other and themselves in this area.

Overall, it was a super day, even if I didn’t get a check in the mail.

Here's my blessing on all of you today:

May the LORD make you increase,
both you and your children.
May you be blessed by the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 115:14-15

Take care.
Kayleen Reusser
Kjreusser@adamswells.com
www.KayleenR.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home