Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Benefits of following God

“[Of David.] Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-”- Psalm 103:1-2

If I were to list the benefits I’ve noticed from being a child of God’s, I wouldn't have enough room here or on any piece of paper. He means everything to me and I couldn't live one day without him. To keep things simple, here’s a few of the benefits I know are in my life because of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ:

1. Peace of mind. When I was 13, I started asking questions about life. Why are we here? What is life about? If it was just to accumulate things, in my opinion, it wasn’t worth it.

Then, I went to church camp and someone explained that God created us to serve Him. We are made in His image and if we accept His son as our Savior and live for God on Earth, we will go to Heaven after we die and our souls will live in Paradise.

It was like a light bulb going off! I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and that answered all of my questions about my purpose in life. I knew I was here to praise Him.

My purpose was to tell other people about Jesus Christ and how he died to save them from their sins. I might have a job and family, but that was my main purpose in life.

Since then, I’ve tried to live my life with that purpose in mind. I have never questioned my existence and I know each day what God wants me to do for Him. He wants me to serve Him and other people.

That is peace that I see lacking in most people who don’t know Jesus Christ as their savior. It is so sad.

2. Of course, this peace carries over into having a healthy mind and body. Because Jesus Christ has control of my life, that includes my physical body. I don’t abuse my body with drugs or alcohol. I exercise regularly and try to eat right. Hopefully, I’ve spread this knowledge to the rest of my family so they will understand the importance of caring for their bodies to do God’s work.

3. A fulfilling career. For many years, I stayed at home to care for our children. I found that very satisfying, knowing I was giving my kids the foundation of a safe, happy childhood.

Then I worked at a Christian university where it was fulfilling to help young people prepare for their careers and life’s work as Christians.

Now, I’m writing full-time and find it very exciting. I can’t wait to get up in the mornings and start something new. I dedicate my writing to God each morning before I begin writing. I ask for His blessings and words to flow through my fingers.

I know I can’t do any good writing on my own, so it is only through His blessing that I can write anything publishable. I don’t write anything that would be an offense to Him and I only try to write for publications that seem to have the same standards.

I don’t write for just Christian publications, but those that are clean and have high standards for excellence in publishing.

These are just a few of my benefits that I’ve realized are part of my relationship with Jesus Christ.

I’ll say it again. I couldn't live one day without Him.
He means everything to me.

I hope He does for you too. What benefits have you found in your relationship with Jesus Christ?

Take care,

Kayleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home