Thursday, May 01, 2008

Today is the National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer.

Pray without ceasing – I Thessalonians 5:17

In honor of this day I’ve sent out an email to all of my friends, asking for prayer requests. I’ve been amazed at the severity of prayer requests I heard. Cancer fears, divorce, family problems. Not all were that bad, but I prayed for each one, no matter the severity.

If you believe in prayer, I encourage you to touch base with your friends and find out their prayer needs. It’s a good way to let people know you care about them.

Our country was established on the belief in and power of prayer. One of the best ways we can support our troops is to pray for them. Several people asked me to pray for our soldiers’ safety and mental health. I did so, of course. They are never far from my thoughts.

Take a moment now to pray for our nation, families, government leaders, and soldiers. Don't forget to pray for yourself. You have to love yourself before you can love others.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home