Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jonathan and David -- Finding Strength in God

I Sam 23: 16 “And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God.”

I found this beautiful verse about friendship today in my daily Bible reading.

Wow! Isn't that a beautiful word picture of what a friend does?

I have several Jonathan friends in my life. They spend time with me and express encouragement for my attempts to serve God through writing and other ways.

I also hope to be a Jonathan to my friends. It’s not always easy.

David and Jonathan were having problems with Jonathan’s father who was jealous of David. Jonathan could have sided with his father and demanded the throne go to him after Saul’s death. But he recognized David as God’s anointed and stepped aside to allow God’s plan.

Do you have a Jonathan in your life – someone who wants the best for you, will support you and stand up to those who don't?

And a better question – are you a Jonathan? Do you stand up for your friends and do you support them when they need it?

Try to extend a Jonathan-hand today to someone in your life who needs it. In doing so, you’ll help him or her find strength in God. Your day of life will have purpose.

Take care,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, it is very refreshing to read your comments into different things. I do not know why, at this time of late evening I decided to look for the name of my daughter Kayleen and your name appeared. I wish I have a friend (the one I can call real). I wish I still have my mother and seeing your photo with your mom makes me happy for you and tears for me... for I envy you. Being alone here in a foreign country makes me more sad but with no choice, anyway, thanks for sharing the different topics. Naida

Mon Jul 07, 03:44:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home