Wednesday, October 29, 2008

As of a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I will join the ranks of those being told their place of work is closing. Taylor University Fort Wayne, formerly Fort Wayne Bible College and Summit Christian College, will discontinue classes as of May 31, 2009. My husband works in maintenance at the campus and has a steady work history there. We have faith God will lead him and me, as I look for a job, to other jobs.
http://fw.taylor.edu/home/news/news_detail.shtml?inode=77392


I read these verses today and they really spoke to me about the Taylor University Fort Wayne situation:

Jer 24: 4 Then the word of the LORD came to me:

5 "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians.

6 My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them.

7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.


The most important thing is for us to have a heart to know God and to turn to Him with all of our heart. Sometimes life doesn't go the way we want. But we can trust Him with our future.


I’m praying everyone at Taylor University Fort Wayne – students, staff, and faculty -- makes the transition well.

The election is Tuesday! Pray about all of these things! God’s will be done. Amen.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home